One of the things for which South India is famous is its beautiful temples and their traditions. Millions of devotees from all around the world visit their lord. Today we’ll talk about one such temple in Bangalore. The Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy temple in Bangalore is a famous mandir dedicated to Lord Hanuman. Sri Ganapati Satchidananda Swamiji installed the deity of Karya Siddhi Anjaneya. This temple is built in the octagon shape and more than 1000 devotees come here on a daily basis to pray. The temple is famous , because any wish you have will be fulfilled here. Today in this article we’ll provide you a complete guide to this temple , discussing its history, significance, rituals and other general information.
History of Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Temple
This beautiful temple is located at Avadhoot Datta Peetham, Girinagar, Bangalore. Originally Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Temple was inaugurated in 2015 by Sri Ganapathy Satchidananda Swamiji of Avadhuta Datta Peetham, Mysore. However ,the ties of this temple fall way back to tretayug. It is said that this place was an important part of Ramayana, when Lord Hanuman was searching for goddess Sita, which is why it is such an important place. Moreover on the inauguration of this temple devotees chanted Hanuman Chalisa 40,000 times in the temple for 24 hours straight.
How To Reach Karya Siddhi Temple Bangalore and Timings
Sri Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple is located in the middle of Bangalore and is easily accessible through all parts of the city. Moreover, there’s a robust public transportation system and infrastructure that will make your journey to Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple much easier. Let’s have a look at a few of the ways through which you can reach the temple.
- The temple is located near Avadhoota Datta Peetham and is well connected to local roads. You can easily take a taxi or cab to reach there. You can also visit them using your own personal vehicle. You can check Google maps for directions to Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple.
- The temple is located a few kilometres away from Bangalore City Railway Station. From there you can easily find lots of autos and cabs that can take you directly to the temple at an affordable rate.
- If you’re coming from outside the state or travelling by air. Then you should land at Kempegowda International Airport. From there you can easily take cabs or taxi to the Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy Mandir.
So these were the following ways by which you can reach the famous Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy temple in Bangalore. Now let’s have a look at the timing of the temple.
|8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
|5:30 PM to 8:30 PM
|12:00 Noon & 8.00 PM
|Thursday 8:15 PM
|● Lunch Every Saturday from 11 AM
● Dinner on all major festivals
Significance and Beliefs Related to the temple
Hanuman is one of the main gods in Hinduism . An ardent follower of Sri Rama, he goes by several names, such as Anjaneya, Bajrangbali, and Vayuputra. Hanuman is an incredibly strong Vedic scholar who values Dharma (justice) above all else. Therefore this temple becomes all the more important for all the hindus all over the world. In Hindu mythology, Lord Hanuman is worshipped as the embodiment of loyalty, strength, and devotion. The ancient epic Ramayana is where the temple’s legend originated. It is thought that while searching the Himalayas for his wife, Sita, Lord Rama came across a mountain known as Gandhamadana. Lord Hanuman’s divine dwelling was a testament to his extraordinary abilities and his unwavering devotion to Lord Rama.
There is mention of Lord Hanuman’s love of coconuts in the sacred texts. Offerings of coconuts, which are seen as symbols of abundance, purity, and auspiciousness, are said to bring Lord Hanuman great joy. The coconut symbolises the human ego and the divine soul that resides within, with its hard outer shell and sweet, nourishing water within. At the Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple, worshippers offer up their coconuts as a symbol of their submission to the Lord and ask for his blessings to grant their desires.
Rituals and Practices at Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy Mandir
Being a historic temple, there are lots of rituals and practices at this beautiful temple that devotees follow so that their wishes come true. Below we have discussed these rituals and festivals in detail so that you remember to follow them on your visit to Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy temple in Bangalore.
- Offerings of coconuts are the main ritual that followers of the Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple observe. Followers need to bring fresh coconuts to the temple and honour Lord Hanuman by offering them with reverence in order to fulfil this ritual. The custom of shattering a coconut and dousing the idol in its sweet water represents giving in to one’s wants and asking God for help. It is believed that the efficacy of an offering is directly correlated with the degree of a person’s devotion and sincerity.
Apart from the coconut rituals you’ll find that the temple holds lots of festivals and ceremonies all year round. One of the major festivals that is celebrated in this temple is the Hanuman Jayanti. This day marks the anniversary of Lord Hanuman’s birthday and the Karya Siddhi Temple celebrates it on a grand level. The temple is decorated, Bhajans go on for the whole day and the crowd of devotees come in all day to be with their lord on their birthday. This celebration is divine and has a magical experience.
Experience of tourists at Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy Mandir Bangalore
For those seeking a deeper spiritual experience, the Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple provides a singular opportunity for introspection and meditation. The heavenly vibrations mixed with the tranquil atmosphere soothe the anxious mind and revitalise the spirit. Those who are devoted to prayer can spend time seeking direction, inner serenity, and the accomplishment of their goals.
It is thought that the kind Lord Hanuman bestows blessings on his followers at the Karya Siddhi Hanuman Temple, which is a hallowed place. It is said that the temple’s strong positive vibrations aid in achieving goals, bringing success, and satisfying desires. Numerous people have related their own tales of how coming to this heavenly sanctuary changed their lives and brought answers to their prayers.
Accommodation and Hotels Near Karya Siddhi Mandir
You’ll find lots of hotels near Anjaneya Swamy temple at affordable rates. These hotels are open 24*7 and provide a safe and comfortable experience to all the devotees who come there. Below we have listed some of the top accommodations near Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy temple. You can book them offline however as this temple is very famous lots of devotees come here on a regular basis. So that you won’t face any problem you should book in advance from platforms like make my trip , ease my trip , goibibo and many more.
SPOT ON 81074 SK Lodge : This is a family hotel and the rooms start here at as low as INR 591 per night.
Flagship Sri Sai Boarding: If you’re looking for a luxury stay then you should definitely try this hotel. They have different types of rooms and they start as low as INR 1000 Per night.
Both of these hotels are at walking distance from the temple so you won’t face any problem there.
Places to visit near temple
Once you have your darshan at the temple , you can also explore lots of famous tourist attractions near Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy temple. Some of best nearby attractions from the temple are.
- Lake Ulsoor is one of Bangalore’s biggest and most exquisite lakes, spanning an expansive 50 hectares. This lake is a nature lover’s dream come true because of its serene surroundings and breathtaking scenery. It was Lewin Bentham Bowring who constructed this lake. A boat ride in this lake is something you shouldn’t miss.
- Scattered across 58 acres of land, the Innovative Film City is roughly 38 kilometres away from Bangalore. This park offers a variety of entertainment in addition to Cartoon City, Museums, and Wild West Wind. The cost to see this film city is Rs 600. It is available for viewing from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- One of Bangalore’s most picturesque parks is Cubbon Park. If you’re looking for a quiet place to spend some time in Bangalore away from the crowds, this park is the best option. This 300-acre park has over 5000 trees that are visible to visitors. In addition, this park is home to the Bangalore Aquarium, Attara Kacheri, Seshadri Iyer Memorial, and Cubbon Park Museum. One of the biggest aquariums in India is Bangalore Aquarium.
So this was your comprehensive guide to the famous Sri Karya Siddhi Anjaneya Swamy temple Bangalore. We have included all the necessary information that you might need while visiting there. This place has lots of mysteries and you’ll surely love to explore them all.